A vow renewal ceremony is a ceremony where a married couple re-commits themselves to one another. Many vow renewal ceremonies are performed in a similar manner to a wedding. A vow renewal is often done for sentimental reasons and is often done as a way of commemorating and celebrating a milestone in the relationship such as a 25th wedding anniversary. It can be a very romantic gesture to express your enduring love for your partner in this fashion.
Many couples choose a romantic place, such as a vacation destination, to renew their vows and want their loved ones and close friends to be a part of the special ceremony. On the other hand, some couples choose to have a private ceremony with only a few witnesses in attendance. A tropical spot is always a hot spot for a vow renewal ceremony, but the decision remains with the two people who are at the center of it all.
Here are some important dos and don’ts when it comes to having a vow renewal ceremony:
• If you choose to have your vow renewal ceremony at a resort, then do look to the wedding planner to help you plan a ceremony that is appropriate for the two of you. Don’t be shy in asking questions and being specific about what you want.
• Don’t procrastinate when it comes to the planning phase for the ceremony. Remember that the early bird gets the worm. If you are planning to bring a number of people with you, then you should find out if there is a group rate. The sooner you look into this the better.
• Do find out about all extra charges so you will not be caught off guard when it comes time to pay the bill at the resort.
• If you plan to have the ceremony outdoors at the resort (such as on the beach), make sure that an indoor venue is possible in the event of inclement weather.
• Don’t take any chances when it comes to the photos for your ceremony. Choose someone well ahead who can takes pictures on your special day.
• Do meet with the officiant before the ceremony to discuss it.
• Do personalize your ceremony by writing as much of your vows as is possible.